THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 20, 2006

Wonderful Weekend

So this week we had teacher's conferences, that means the whole state of Montana had Thursday and Friday off...yeah, long weekend. Well, you guessed it, I chose to come to Whitefish for a relaxing weekend of rain, nope, not snow, rain. It is so fun to listen to it fall and very soothing because it reminds me of Oregon.

I came down Wednesday afternoon and will be staying until Sunday. As always it has already been quite eventful. I went to church with the Dustins Wednesday evening and then we returned to their house so they could open their birthday gifts. Betty left Thursday for Kansas to spend her sister's birthday with her sisters, Cameron and John went to work so I had the whole house to myself. I got to watch several doe in the yard, do my tae bo workout, check the computer, and just relax reading my book.

In the afternoon I went to town to have lunch with Barb, ended up clear in Kalispell where we ate at an old newstand shop, very well renovated but with the same old atmosphere. It was excellent food and a chocolate milkshake. After that we ventured into a store that sells local arts and crafts. It was fun to see all of the ideas, maybe even a few I could do myself. Then came the real fun, we went to a furniture store that was selling out. Barb was looking for a sofa and a recliner that didn't look like a recliner. After sitting on a bunch of couches we found one that had a sofa and a chace lounge. I loved the lounge and she loved the sofa, so for fun I demonstrated all the ways you could use the lounge, there were 4 different ways and the most fun was just falling back like you do on a day where you are completely exhausted. We decided this was a must on the list of possibilities. We continued our search and came to a couch where little, short, ol' me had to litterally jump to get on to it, it was tall, we decided it wasn't a must for the list, our list for that store was complete so we moved to the next store. This store only had one that was a possibility but we decided it really didn't need to be on the list. So on our way back to Barb's house we pretty much talked ourselves, well, at least Barb (she is the one buying, it not me), into the lounge and sofa from the first store. Now came convincing her husband, which turned out not to be the challenge we thought. He told her if that would make her happy she could go get it...yeah!


I skedaddled home and arrived just after Cameron, he made a quick microwave dinner and then joined me for a movie downstairs. We watched Animal with Ving Rhames. It had a wonderful message but I must say I wouldn't call it the best movie I have ever seen or even a movie I would watch again. By 8:30 I was in bed reading and asleep shortly after 9. The problem being I was awake around 4 and couldn't get back to sleep.

0 comments: