THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Latest Adventures!

So, now that I have a summer...yeah!!! Can you tell I'm excited? No school until end of september and work at school doesn't begin until beginning of Septemper means I'm getting outdoors and having some fun.

Without asking permission from my chiropractor I went kayaking with a friend on Whitefish Lake. We had a blast. Since we are both just getting into kayaking we only went for about an hour. As my strength builds back up and she gets used to the kayak we are going to venture for longer trips. Our next trip is Whitefish River and then hopefully Lake McDonald in Glacier. The really good news is that I didn't get in trouble from the chiro, he actually encouraged me to keep going (good thing because I was going to no matter what he said). I have my next eval tomorrow so I'm really hoping he'll let me start my taebo again too.

I've been out and about for several walks that ranged from 2-5 miles just in and around town. Unfortunately there are some perverts out there that find it funny to ruin a perfectly great walk by yelling lude, crude, absolutely disgusting comments as you walk past. Good thing I'm a teacher and know how to ignore annoying people when necessary.

I have now joined in the fun of playing Wii. Let me just preface this part by saying I stink on all levels and every game. In bowling I did better left handed than right. However those I have been playing with get a kick out of watching me play, creaming me, and love to watch my Mii because of the funny face it makes when I lose every time. One of the girls from work and I have been hanging out together, woo hoo I actually have somewhat of a social life again! We were joking around about my state of health and she said I do lots of things healthy, read, sew, puzzles, and my flowers. I told her that doesn't mean I'm healthy, it just makes me an all around loner.

Sorry Mandi, no pictures to go with the adventures. I'll try for next time, although I'm hoping there will never, ever be a camera at hand when playing the Wii.

Sewing projects have begun again and I'm trying to get a few of them wrapped up before school begins. I have some more baby blankets that I'm working on and just finished my nephew's pillow. I was able to send one home with my grandparents but hadn't finished the second. I told Johnny I would try to get it to him before summer was over. That means I need to get to the post office tomorrow.

Well, gotta scoot, I've gotta try programming my VCR to record the Olympics. That may be a whole other adventure.

1 comments:

Mandi! said...

Hooray! You have a social life, you're enjoying the outdoors, AND you blogged about it! I was beginning to think you "disappeared off the face of the earth"! Kayaking sounds so much fun- I'm hoping Char takes me out one of these years:) And don't worry- I haven't found a WII game I'm good at either:)