The scene:
Sitting at Cameron's computer, washer and dryer going through their cycles behind me, snow falling outside, sipping hot cider (well, I can dream, it's actually Air Bourne), and catching up on old, current, and new friends. Did I mention I'm in my pjs (no, Cameron is not here, he's in Cheyenne)?
The happenings (as Mandi put so well):
~I'm working on discovering all of my allergies. Since moving to Whitefish/Kalispell I have learned of a few new ones and continue to experience the olds ones to a new level. One of the new ones is a cat at a house where I stay when the weather is bad and I can't get back to my apartment in Kalispell.
~Cory and Kim are coming up to visit and enjoy the ski hill on New Year's Eve! I am so excited to see friends from Great Falls. I think Cory was a little blown away by how excited I was when he called to ask. For future reference, any friends wanting to use my place as a free place to stay when skiing, don't hesitate to ask. I'm about 24 miles from the mountain. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to visit Great Falls since I moved. I'm hoping I might be able to for Spring Break.
~Genna's cyst burst and wasn't cancerous, PRAISE THE LORD! Although she experienced some pain when it occured she is feeling better and will get to spend the holidays and her 21st birthday with Mama. Troy is still in Iraq gaining some "On the job training" for the position he is cross-training to.
~Being the crazy person that I am, thinking that not enough of my time is taken, I'm going back to school. I will start the last weekend of January. It works similar to my Masters program and happens on Friday night and most of the day Saturdays. This one being a little bit different though because it's not one weekend a month the whole time. It actually works so that I go one weekend in Jan. and Mar., then every weekend in Feb. and April. I am going for my Special Ed endorsement.
~Do you remember back to where I had you picture the screaming and rapidly beating heart. Well the "Please don't do it" is coming true. Again, (sorry Mandi) you'll have to ask for an e-mail if you want more details.
~Song of Joy! I get to be in a choir again! It has been about 3 years since I've been able to sing in a choir. We are singing at church this Sunday. I'm so excited to spread the news of Jesus' birth through music.
~A laughable moment with one of my students. We gave our students a handmade card, snowman soup, and peanuts for Christmas. One of them said his thanks and I told him not to let it get out that I'm nice. Most students promptly reply with, "Don't worry I'll tell everybody." This student, quickly without hesitation replied, "They wouldn't believe me if I did." I was laughing so hard, as were the other students and the other paras. These moments are why it doesn't matter that I'm in a non-money making job.
~Wishing you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a BLESSED NEW YEAR!
I've Moved...
10 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment