The last couple of weeks have been a little crazy. I have been working 60+ hours a week (which keeps me out of trouble). I am loving my new job as a paraeducator. I still am able to teach a little bit and am still working with kids. The main difference is it is the same kids all week long. That will take a little bit of adjusting and tweaking on my part. I taught Life Skills last Wednesday and I taught about pet care. Well, I bought a Beta for the class so we could take care of it the rest of the year. The kids each did a step in getting the bowl ready, putting the fish in, and feeding it. The class went very well. Unfortunately the fish didn't like it's name, Rob. Because the next morning he was dead and was bobbing instead. I flushed him down the toilet and bought a new one to take in with me on Monday. I also bought some gold fish as back up. Yes, I know, comical right, it made for a very good laugh on a very bad day.
Work at the hotel has slowed down a little bit. We are no longer selling out each night. This has it's benefits and it's down fall. Benefits-not as many requests for things when I'm on by myself, not so many calls for rooms, not having to call other hotels to find out if they have room. Down falls-not having the simple answer "Sorry we're completely booked for tonight", longer time spent on phone making reservations, and quoting rates so much that I am dreaming about them when I do get to sleep. All-in-all though work is great. I have had several guests come in from Oregon and one who could even name off my aunts and uncles because he lives in Elmira. It is definitely a small world.
I have been attending the WF football games and even ran into a guy (well, not exactly ran into, more like elbowed his knee) from Junction City. Although I have not seen him yet, there is a guy that Lauren graduated with that lives here and actually works 2 buildings down from the hotel. Within the next couple of weeks the Sorensons are going to have a dinner wehre all the Elmirans and Venetians can get together.
Cameron had his house warming party on Saturday so I spent most of Saturday at his place helping him get ready and just hanging out. He had a good turn out and his family stayed to watch some of the football games afterward. His brother, Perry, was up from Missoula so we went and did some shopping. The boys proceeded to buy DVDs and CDs. When we got back to Cameron's the boys and I watched 300. Good movie but one I will only watch once.
Today didn't slow down much either. Church, 2 attempts at deviled eggs, 1 failed miserably, the other was okay but not my best, lunch with the Sorensons, work at BW, and then it's be home to bed. Ahhh, for those of you who know me well, you know I thrive on life on the go!
I've Moved...
10 months ago
1 comments:
Wow! It's about time we get an update! Funny about your fish...good thing you didn't go for a guinea pig or something:)I'm glad you're staying busy- you're right, it does keep you out of trouble...but could you post some pics of your home and if you're ever adventurous outdoors- I'd like to see those pics, too:)Demanding, I know, but you love me:)
Post a Comment