Ten Reasons I Will Miss Great Falls
1. I will miss my wonderful friend/co-worker, Karin Wallen, who is always here to pray for me and with me. She has been a life savor in a job where you are limited to how vocal you can be about your beliefs. May God bless her abundantly for being a great woman of faith
2. I will miss Great Falls Christian Center. So much of my life revolves around ministries at church I won't know what to do with time not spent there. I suppose there will be new ministries at the new church
3. Wonderful, Godly friends! I don't have many friends that I have stayed in touch with back in Oregon. It wasn't until I moved to Great Falls that I really found true friends who are there for me anytime, who are willing to tell me what's what, and push me to get my mind and life back on track with God. The good news is I'm going to a place where I know they will come visit
4. My kids. Yes, I know, many of you are saying she doesn't have kids, but I do, over 500 of them. Granted there are a few that I will probably be a little joyful to see move on but for the most part it will be hard to not see them next school year. It's not often, as a teacher, you get to have kids for 3 years in a row. I will miss their smiling faces, their hugs, and the way they can tell that "today is one of those days we just need to be a little quieter and not so rowdy."
5. Watching the kids of all of my friends grow up. It's hard to be away from my nephews but it has been a little bit easier, in some ways, since there are so many kids out there that I can go spend time with. Thank you Mike & Katie for letting me hang out with you and watch Sarah & Cory grow. Thank you Cortney for letting me be a part of your family's life, especially when I stayed with you. Thank you Jackie (even though you are no longer in GF) for letting me spend time with you and the girls, I miss you guys lots, and look forward to seeing you more often. Thank you Duke and Cheryl for letting me hold Benjamin and including me in things you do like football & hockey
6. My house. I know, I know, most of you would think I would be happy to get out of it and I am, but there are a lot of good memories that were formed in that house. Meeting new friends through the 40 Days of Purpose k-group. Easter lunches. Daniel and his string cheese. Jason letting us know he was baptised in the Holy Spirit. The girls completely annihilating the boys in Cranium. Genna staying during the summer. Hearing my uncle's voice on the answering machine after he got back from Iraq. The list goes on
7. Having Wal-mart, Target, ShopKo, and Kmart 3 miles away when I need to quickly run get something. (This is if I move to Whitefish or Columbia Falls. If I end up in Kalispell then it won't be too bad.)
8. Hastings! I love just being able to go in for hours on end and read a book without having to purchase it first. It has saved me a lot of money
9. The gorgeous sun rises I see on my way to work on Tuesday thourgh Thursday mornings. They are a beautiful pink with trees reaching up into the clouds. During the spring and summer the trees are full of leaves. During the winter their bare limbs stretch like they are trying to grab the clouds as they go by
10. The wind...yeah right, I will be loving that I will actually be able to do my bangs and have it look the same when I get to my car, 10 feet away.
2 comments:
We will miss you too! Don't forget the 18 hour car ride to Iowa/Nebraska with me and baby Colton and stopping at Wall Drug in the Black Hills! Late night chats when we lived in the same apt. bldg, and feeling about 20 years older than anyone else in the college group at Gen Church! You have to come over and hang out! Give us a call when you find a few minutes!!!
I am happy that you will be a few hours closer to me. I actually go to Whitefish more often than Great Falls! Yeah! Dani, you have been a blessing to us parents as well! It's always nice to have someone want to watch your kids and help out and not feel like you had to ask! I think the hardest part of leaving GF was leaving my church family! Ugghhhh! I still could just start bawling over that! See, I'm going to cry just thinking about it! You will be in our prayers girlfriend! Keep blogging so we can keep in touch!
Love ya. J
Post a Comment