THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Story & God's Sense of Humor

Okay, here's the story. Sorry I didn't give it to you sooner. There is just so many times you can say the story in two weeks.

I was heading to Kalispell to deposit a check after church. Cruising along at 65 (the speed limit) on a clear, beautiful day I was enjoying listening to the radio and mentally going over all I needed to do.



In order to completely understand what happened I drew a diagram for you. I was traveling south and the Dodge Ram pulling a gooseneck horse trailer was on the northboud side of the divided highway. He was turning onto a road on my side of the highway. Apparently he didn't see me (not sure of his story because I was hauled off before getting to talk to him). He turned right in front of me. He wasn't even close to completing the turn because I slammed into his truck bed. This completely totaled my car and his. I went far enough into his bed to ruin his trailer hitch.

I couldn't get out of my car because my door was against the trailer and the passenger side door wouldn't open more than a few inches. The front fender had folded back enough that it was holding it closed. Thankfully my airbag didn't go off. I truly believe it would have done more damage than what was already done. My knees hit the steering column and although I don't remember hitting my head, I found a bruise when brushing my hair the next day.

A few minutes after the accident the paramedics arrived. They came to the car and had me crawl out my back passenger door. They monitored me closely and decided to transport me to the hospital when I complained of neck pain and they found out about my other accident. I walked to the ambulance, crawled in, and got strapped down to the backboard with a neck brace on. Not the most comfortable bed to be in. After answering several questions several times they took me to the Emergency Room.

In ER I had 2 male nurses. While most of my clothes were easily removed because they didn't have to go over my head they did have to cut off my shirt. I went through a series of tests, x-rays, and the same questions over and over again. All of my tests were clear and the x-rays showed no broken bones. After about 4 hours in the ER they released me to some friends with a prescrip, and directions to go to my physician if I didn't feel better in 5-7 days. Being through this before I went straight to my chiropractor the next day. The healing has begun.

My new car is another Ford Explorer, 2002, maroon, just like the last one. This is where God's humor comes in. The new car has a few extra features and my payments will be less, other than that I bought the same thing. Many of my friends told me not to get another Explorer. There was a day where I wouldn't have owned a Ford, however, they have proven themselves. I had God's peace when buying all of my Explorers and they have held up in the accidents. Without God's protection and the car doing its job I would be dead. Many people who saw the accident (including my chiropractor, even though he didn't realize it was me when he drove by) couldn't believe I had walked away from it. Medical professionals couldn't believe I walked away without broken bones and the only bruises on my knees. I've been called an enigma and anomally. My version is that God protects me, still has a purpose for me, and I'm really stubborn.

Aren't you glad you asked for more details. Sorry no pictures of the new car yet, but just picture the old one before the accident.

2 comments:

Cortney said...

THanks for the update! And the picture. I really like our Explorer too, but I hope I never have to "test" them like you have had the opportunities to! So glad that you are doing well and that God is so much bigger than a Dodge Ram!

Mandi! said...

Wow! Glad to know the details and especially glad to know God is always with you [us]! Take care & drive as little as possible :) luvs~