THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing

Have you ever had a time in your life when your world has been turned upside down and singing a simple praise song turns it all back around?

That was my night last night. I'm losing 1 job on the 6th and losing half my hours at my second job next week. My sister called and gave me some yucky family news which made me furious with my brother-in-law. In all of this I just felt like screaming and crying. When I turned to my journal to write I found some verses from the past. I remembered a book that a friend had given me with old hymns and the stories behind them. O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing sprang out at me. After singing it a total peace came over me.

But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. Psalm 5:11

0 comments: