THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

'Cause I Fly Like That

Alternative titles for this blog:
* Litter Patrol
* Facing and Conquering My Fear
* Floods, Landslides, and Automobile Parts
* Wedding, Birthdays, and Diaper Cakes

This weekend was an interesting one full of rain, friends, and hugs. I got to travel to Great Falls for Kim & Cory's wedding. I took Friday off so I could go on Thursday after school. During my drive over it poured, but I would take that any day over the ice from last time. I got to visit with Jeremy, Hannah, and Benjamin for a little while. It was great to get to see them and catch up with them since I haven't seen Jeremey for 3 years and haven't seen the kids at all. Unfortunately Laura Beth was in Atlanta so I didn't get to catch up with her.

My next stop was where I stayed for the weekend. I stayed with Cortney, Jesse, and the boys. Friday morning I helped drop Colton off at school, one of the ones that I taught at for 3 years. I got to visit with teachers and students that I worked with and taught. It was great to see familiar faces and receive so many hugs. The students even asked me to autograph their yearbooks. One didn't have his yearbook so he asked me to autograph a blank piece of paper. I felt like a celeb.

While Colton was at school Corntey and I took Christopher and we did our errands. The most important errand was to find a slip to go under my dress for the wedding. Unfortunately there wasn't a slip to be found in Target, Ross, or J.C. Penny. Fortunately J.C. Penny had their sun dresses on sale. I found two that I liked and one wouldn't require a slip. My new dresses...

Friday night we went to the movies and watched Prince Caspian. I enjoyed watching it and would definitely recommend it. To top off the night Cortney and I put a diaper cake together for a lady at the church who just had a baby boy.

Saturday morning Cortney and I went to Sam's Club to pick up some meat to make a fingerfood tray for the wedding party. We put the tray together, delivered them, and then ran home to prepare for the wedding.

The wedding was gorgeous of course. Kim was beautiful, Cory handsome, and the decorations simple yet perfect. It was great to see friends and catch up with everybody at the reception too.

Sunday morning Cortney and fam took me to breakfast where Cortney was sneaky and had the waitress put a candle in my omelet. Afterwards we went to church and again I got to catch up with some great friends. I do miss my friends from Great Falls.

On my drive home I stopped by where I had my accident. The pieces were still there so I picked them up and took some pictures. The passenger side mirror was still completely in tack. Here are some pictures of the accident site, just picture it all white with blowing snow. This is the ditch that I landed in, close to the fence. It's deeper now without the snow. When I rolled it wasn't near as far down.This is looking west from the the accident site. Just a little perspective to how far out in the middle of nowhere I was.The direction I originally was heading.The direction I ended up facing and the way I had come.Across the road where I watched the sunset as I rolled. If you want to see it how I did turn your computer screen upside down and then right side up again, picturing white with brilliant pink, orange, and purple clouds. Here's a picture of the parts that I found in the ditch today. Passenger side mirror. Drive side mirror (keep in mind I watched this smash against my window). Top rack pieces.

With all the rain and snow melt off the rivers were running high and one section of the road had water over it. There were also a few spots that had slid since I had driven through on Thursday. Some mountain goats were hanging out on the rocks as I went through the south side of Glacier, and waterfalls were cascading in numerous places. The green of the grass was tremendously bright. The river that is usually a beautiful jade green was really muddy and raging with whitecaps across it's banks, through the trees.

2 comments:

Mandi! said...

Hooray! They're married! Now where's the pics??? Glad to see you made it there and back safely and had fun in between:)

Cortney said...

I can't believe that you found pieces! That is just crazy!

I really had a great time with you! Now it is our turn to visit!

We fly like that!!!hee hee